baikal

Nothing Personal, Boomer Sociopaths.

Rate this Entry
Attachment 1244

"EVEN BEFORE the election, Americans were asking just how we got here — to this sullen moment of national reckoning. Since November, the autopsy has dragged on so long it seems there could be nothing left to dissect. But the search continues, because no truly satisfying answer has yet been offered. Deplorables, deportables, economic malaise, rural resentment, coastal hauteur whatever — these are just symptoms. The root illness remains undiagnosed, but here it is: the baby boomers, that vast generation of Americans born in the first two decades after World War II. The body politic rests on the slab because boomers put it there, because decades of boomerism produced the problems and disaffection of which 2016 was merely the latest expression.

It’s a shocking hypothesis, but then again, America has suffered a shocking decline. In 1971, Alan Shepard was playing golf on the moon. Today, America can’t put a man into orbit (or, allegedly, the Oval Office) without Russian assistance. Something changed, and that something was the boomers and the sociopathic agenda they emplaced.

My indictment of boomers may seem overbroad, but the thesis is quite specific: the unusual prevalence of sociopathy in an unusually large generation. How does that disorder manifest? Improvidence is reflected in low levels of savings and high levels of bankruptcy. Deceit shows up as a distaste for facts, a subject on display in everything from Enron’s quarterly reports to daily press briefings. Interpersonal failures and unbridled hostility appeared in unusually high levels of divorce and crime from the 1970s to early 1990s. These problems expressed themselves at generationally unique levels in boomers, to a greater extent than in boomers’ parents or children at comparable ages. (My forthcoming book lays out all these data in detail.)

Boomers weren’t genetically predestined to be dysfunctional; they were conditioned to be. They were the first generation to be raised permissively, the first reared on television and subject to its developmental harms, and the only living group raised in an era of seemingly effortless prosperity. Can too much license, TV, and unearned wealth distort personalities? May I suggest looking south toward 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?

THE BOOMERS’ sociopathic inclinations might be of sociological, but not political, interest except for one fact: Boomers have a lot of voting power. Although boomers peaked at just over half the voting age population in the early 1980s, their influence kept growing as they voted more frequently, unleashed a flood of political money, and elected co-generationalists, all in reckless pursuit of the sociopathic agenda. In the 1970s, the older establishment had already begun bending to boomer power, though not always cravenly enough, a problem boomers resolved by becoming the establishment itself. Boomers’ notable early achievement was electing Bill Clinton, who began the long saga that meandered through Bush II and ends — well, who knows how exactly it will end?"

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/20...ZFL/story.html

https://www.amazon.com/Generation-So.../dp/0316395781

Submit "Nothing Personal, Boomer Sociopaths." to Digg Submit "Nothing Personal, Boomer Sociopaths." to del.icio.us Submit "Nothing Personal, Boomer Sociopaths." to StumbleUpon

Updated 03-07-2017 at 10:35 AM by baikal

Tags: baby boomers
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where do you come up with these nutjob sites?

Your boy Gibney is at the top of the list of Sociopaths.
    Gatekeeper they call fucks like him.
    A legalese tactic.

Bruce Gibney

Bruce Gibney is a writer and venture capitalist and the author of What Happened To The Future, an influential essay about the origins of America’s technological stagnation.

He has worked at a hedge fund and as a partner at one of Silicon Valley’s leading venture firms, Founders Fund. His personal and fund investments included early stakes in PayPal, Palantir Technologies, now one of the world’s biggest start-ups, Lyft, Elon Musk’s SpaceX, DeepMind (acquired by Google, and the first company to beat a human master at Go), and others. A former lawyer, Bruce now lives in New York and San Francisco.

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/02/palantir-provides-the-engine-for-donald-trumps-greasy-deportation-machine/

Updated 03-07-2017 at 09:58 PM by Grillz
    Smack yo bitch up mother fucker. The Cold War coddled who?

C'mon Gibney is a royal piece of shit.
    Updated 03-07-2017 at 11:42 PM by Grillz
    Now this : http://tinyurl.com/np5dgv3

Shit's gittin rill when somebody loses an eye.
    Where do you come up with these nutjob sites?

Yes, I realize that he is a fuckboy Venture Capitalist. If you could've made a buck as an early investor in the idea for Palintir would you had said no? Fuck the messenger, what offends you about the message?

You disagree that the boomers exemplify the apex of American sociopathic mass-socialization? The least "woke" amongst us?
    Updated 03-08-2017 at 10:31 AM by baikal
    If you don't recognize it as a generational "thang" Garillz, it's perhaps because I'm guessing that you, like Obama, were born on a generational cusp and feel alienated from any particular named "generation". In general, you don't strike me as a joiner, per se.
    Updated 03-08-2017 at 10:34 AM by baikal
    Chomsky is my homeboy, but that doesn't mean he can't often be full of horseshit. I too, am a pacifist at heart, but the notion that it was nefarious that we didn't immediately dissolve NATO after 1990 is ridiculously unrealistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by baikal
    Chomsky is my homeboy, but that doesn't mean he can't often be full of horseshit. I too, am a pacifist at heart, but the notion that it was nefarious that we didn't immediately dissolve NATO after 1990 is ridiculously unrealistic.
    I'm gonna tell Chomsky you said that he'll fuck up yo grillz.
    Updated 03-08-2017 at 01:40 PM by Grillz
    A Venture Capitalist per se isn't a big deal [Grillzez has a bud that was a Venture Capitalist] I'd rather not be moralized by said mother fucker. The obvious lack of depth to the article and to Fuck Face's thinking is the issue for me. Sure Boomers are assholes but what cultural context are we speaking of before, during, and after? What bullshit war did the mother fuckers get labeled The Greatest Generation with. Fuck that bogus bullshit. The faggots were duped into fighting some garbage religious wars in Europe then spoon fed their greatness by a Propaganda Machine. Fucking garbage every way you look at it.

The Cold War never happened bitch. Get used to it.
    Updated 03-08-2017 at 02:19 PM by Grillz
    "Least woke"? Dude Boomers brought you all kind of spiritual advancement, LSD, faux Yoga rapist cult leaders, real cult leaders, free pussy, free man asshole, free cock, free blowjobs, free love, c'mon man how did the Boomers let you down?
    Okay, when you put it that way, I guess.

I'm gonna stick this dick back in my mouth now.
    is it common to go knife hunting for feral hogs? http://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/...hog-east-texas
    Yo baiklazez looks like to Grillzez after he left the Sizzler that maybe them Outraged folks at the Limousine Faire decided they hate Commies cause Comey sounds like Commie. Even better them leaks amounts to Pimp Billz from Podesta's Poodin' Tang account he left lying around at the Catfish Parlour. Bet even better than that maybe thems stuffs thems Roofie Dopin' Rooskies fed the Ecuadoreans that messages CIA/FBI/NSA Feel Up Dept which bcause of that cain't really say how they affected thems elections.

I hear yo NeoCon buds are about to insert COCK into three more Eastern European Nation's assholes. You hear about that countin yo time waiting fo yo DNA test to get through Customs at the Holy Land Ride?
    Updated 03-10-2017 at 12:34 AM by Grillz
    FUGI :
    Quote Originally Posted by baikal
    is it common to go knife hunting for feral hogs? http://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/...hog-east-texas
    More than you might think, but that's a young man's game. One of the nephews where I hunt near Cameron occasionally does the knife thing. But he's nuts.
    More than you might think, but that's a young man's game. One of the nephews where I hunt near Cameron occasionally does the knife thing. But he's nuts.
    Grizzly. Really let out your inner Jack the Ripper.... ultimate kill thrill. Blechh..

Now, if we could just normalize forced sex with unwanted animals, serial rapists could have a societally-acceptable outlet too.

Yo baiklazez looks like to Grillzez after he left the Sizzler that maybe them Outraged folks at the Limousine Faire decided they hate Commies cause Comey sounds like Commie. Even better them leaks amounts to Pimp Billz from Podesta's Poodin' Tang account he left lying around at the Catfish Parlour. Bet even better than that maybe thems stuffs thems Roofie Dopin' Rooskies fed the Ecuadoreans that messages CIA/FBI/NSA Feel Up Dept which bcause of that cain't really say how they affected thems elections.

I hear yo NeoCon buds are about to insert COCK into three more Eastern European Nation's assholes. You hear about that countin yo time waiting fo yo DNA test to get through Customs at the Holy Land Ride?
    Grillz, I'm getting on an aeroplane in about an hour. I'll try and decipher this in the air.
    Updated 03-10-2017 at 01:20 PM by baikal
    Hey squiddy, I go onto AAS to see what y'all are jibber-jabbering about, but I never know which story y'all are working. I haven't seen much commentary from "newsquid" but maybe I'm not looking in the right hole...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast