TravisBlues

A Letter to the Electors

Rate this Entry

Esteemed Electors:

We, a bipartisan coalition of Americans including Electors, scholars, officials, and concerned citizens write to you in the spirit of fellowship, out of our sense of patriotism, and with great urgency.

There are times in the life of a nation when extraordinary circumstances call for extraordinary measures. Now is a such time, and your courage and leadership are required.

Never in our Republic’s history has there been a President-apparent comparable to Donald Trump. His inauguration would present a grave and continual threat to the Constitution, to domestic tranquility, and to international stability:12

He has threatened the freedom of speech by condoning violence at public events, and suggesting criminal penalties and even revocation of citizenship to punish political expression.

He has threatened the freedom of press by vowing to revoke First Amendment protections for journalists.

He has threatened the freedom of religion by proposing to bar entry to the country and force the registration of members of certain faiths.

He has entangled himself with foreign interests through his personal business dealings, and refused to provide records of his taxes, which could allay suspicions.

He has indicated a willingness to condone torture, in contravention of the Constitution and our international treaties, which carry the force of law.

He is uncomfortably close to the regime of Russia, which has interfered in the election.

He has shown reckless disregard for diplomacy, communicating impulsively, in public forums, regarding matters of national security, and allowing personal emotions to interfere with reasoned judgment, calling into question his fitness as Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and the nuclear capabilities of the United States.

He has, unlike every previous Commander-in-Chief, never served in any public position, whether elected or appointed, civilian or military, thereby bringing no experience or proven judgment on behalf of The People, or evidence of a character suited to high office.
For these reasons, his assumption of office endangers the Constitution, the freedoms it protects, and the continued prosperity and welfare of the United States.

You, Electors, possess the power to prevent this outcome. You are not bound to cast your vote for the candidate of your party – and, as he won neither a majority nor even a plurality of the popular vote, there can be no question of undermining the will of The People.

The Constitution empowers Electors to exercise judgment and choice. If your role were only ceremonial, our Founders would not have required the states to elect you, or that you cast ballots by your own hand. State laws notwithstanding, you are free to vote your conscience. You have a mandate, like all officials, to protect and defend the Constitution.9 And you have the right and responsibility to investigate those who stand for this office, and to deliberate before casting your vote.

We place country before party in imploring you, our fellow Americans, to investigate and deliberate. We stand with you as you exercise your conscience and give profound consideration to the consequences of your vote. We affirm your right and your duty to do so free from intimidation, and urge you to cast your ballot for a person with the temperament, integrity and commitment to Constitutional principles necessary in a President.

In doing so, know that you enjoy the support of millions of Americans.

Thank you for your service to our country.

H/T LGF

Submit "A Letter to the Electors" to Digg Submit "A Letter to the Electors" to del.icio.us Submit "A Letter to the Electors" to StumbleUpon

Updated 12-14-2016 at 05:46 PM by TravisBlues

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Updated 12-14-2016 at 06:01 PM by TravisBlues
    Won't open.... If it's an FB article, go to the timestamp and R. click and select "copy link address".
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisBlues
    Won't open.... If it's an FB article, go to the timestamp and R. click and select "copy link address".
    Try again.
    Grillzez tole you he was going to write in Vladimir. See what happened?

Those Christians lub to get down on their knees and serve and service them Authoritarians. Yeppers.
    Go girl, if you ain't gonna care bout dat pussy, who is?
    What is the importance of this "letter to electors"? Or any whine from Dems who lost? You gotta get Republican electors to change their vote. So far there might be ONE. Don't you Dems realize we are all laughing at you for acting so childish? Can you imagine what you would be saying if we had tried to keep Obama from the Presidency? The Dems are only hurting themselves so continue doing this silliness, it just makes your party look weaker than it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonderplorivich
    What is the importance of this "letter to electors"? Or any whine from Dems who lost? You gotta get Republican electors to change their vote. So far there might be ONE. Don't you Dems realize we are all laughing at you for acting so childish? Can you imagine what you would be saying if we had tried to keep Obama from the Presidency? The Dems are only hurting themselves so continue doing this silliness, it just makes your party look weaker than it is.
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...16829932744707

I have to put this in terms he'll understand:

Смейтесь, Где же я сказать, что это будет иметь значение? Скажи мне одну неправду в этом письме? Шутка будет на вас, в конце концов, как вы голосовали за эту черную метку на Америку. Это не закончится хорошо для вас, и вы можете быть уверены, что мы будем более чем счастливы, чтобы держать ваши fascist ноги к огню.

Я знаю, за то, что в глубине души вы embarrassed как ад о вашем неквалифицированного избранного президента, но вы не человек, от чего прийти к собственному или признать это. Но опять же, вы могли бы быть хуже, чем я думал, и то Betty плохо, как это.

Вы должны действительно ненавидеть Америку.

Помните, что тот, кто смеется последним .....
    Updated 12-15-2016 at 05:28 PM by TravisBlues
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonious
    Actually, in this particular instance, Ant may have a point, always he can't understand why. I'm a firm believer in the rule of law. If the law in each state requires electors to vote for the person receiving the most in popular votes, then so be it. As much of a mortal threat to my country as Trump truly is, monkeying around with an established election process is even more of a threat. Trump may well represent the death of America. But I won't support using unlawful means to prevent that threat no matter how tempting.

Ant, you morons didn't try to prevent Obama from taking office, but you definitely conspired to keep him from governing. So shut your fucking dishonest mouth when Trump's opposition does exactly the same thing.
    Hey, Ant, I assume you've learned Russian by now so you can follow Trump's instructions. Can you translate the above for the rest of us?
    The question I have is how many states bind electors to the pop vote? seems to defeat the intended purpose of the Electoral College
    And now, on too what's really important.....

https://twitter.com/thinkprogress/st...16198823800833
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisBlues
    And now, on too what's really important.....

https://twitter.com/thinkprogress/st...16198823800833
    Vanity Unfair is where the author of Short Fingered Pig Fucking Daughter Fucker works.
    I'll just leave this here too.

Follow

Garry KasparovVerified account@Kasparov63

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by baikal
    The question I have is how many states bind electors to the pop vote? seems to defeat the intended purpose of the Electoral College

The Electoral College was designed to get shank all the way in to the pubes mix with the inner anal asshairs of the slavers i.e. Good Christians. So when the friction between filthy Christian asshair rubbing against dirty criminal Gilded pubic face business folks Christ would appear with a noose around his balls ready to lynch a watermelon eater. Sort of an early Madison Ave.
    Out of lots of posts, like the proverbial blind pig eventually finding an acorn, Ant managed to ooze out a coherent point, the one above about the electors. But then it's back to his usual incoherent babbling:

Candid

This is really a more than sick idea, one that took shape in some really sick minds. *Only sick people unable or unwilling to accept the fact that it is against the law to force religious concepts upon other people, least of all such sick and unreasonable demands. *Even back in the dark ages the Catholic church never went that far .

This is supposed to be a secular nation where it is against the law to use the power of the state to force religious conventions on other people, not old ones and most of all not some new made up ceremonials like burying or cremating embryos and fetuses.*

It is time the state and the pro-lifers get out of peoples life. *This is so sick, *and for no other reason than to punish women.*

Antonious

@candid Okay, you have told us repeatedly*you hate religious people.** I like how you said it should be against the law for religious folks to bring their values into the political arena.* Might be why you are always defending those foreign folks who attack/kill us and fellow Americans who prey on us.

Just for the record once something is legal politicians shouldn't be hassling those who are legal in what they are doing.* Yes I know you hate pro-life.* Might be why you are enchanted by head hunters and others killers.* But no matter how much you don't want them to vote, you are in America now.** So they get that right.* Just as I don't want people like you to vote but you can.* Ain't America great?
    This is from the AAS article about a federal judge suspending the Texas requirement to formally bury fetal remains.

http://www.statesman.com/news/state-...MDU2J3ev3rILN/

This one is hard to critique because it makes precisely zero sense. So, I'm simply going to ask if anyone can translate Ant's sick rambling into understandable English.

I will note that contrary to his assertion in his very first sentence, Candid has NEVER said that she hates religious people. That's just another example of the made up sick fucking world where Ant resides.
    I was going to 'interpret' it before I even scrolled down to your words squid, once I saw the word 'headhunters'. Holy fucking fake Nativity Scene.

But first I gots to post the Israeli Firster news.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0b3ddfd8c015d?

Fucktard

@candid Okay, you have told us repeatedly*you hate religious people.** I like how you said it should be against the law for religious folks to bring their values into the political arena.* Might be why you are always defending those foreign folks who attack/kill us and fellow Americans who prey on us.

I think here Fuckyboi is 'defending' religious freedumb to organizie politically to rape difference. He cleverly throws in 'prey on us' to undermine the freedumb of religion aspect, a subtle ironic use of 'prey'. As we all know foreigners are mainly and only about 'preying' on us. We 'pray' because we are faithful holders of the Faith while they 'prey' on us, this is where Napoleon comes in to save us against women.

Just for the record once something is legal politicians shouldn't be hassling those who are legal in what they are doing.* Yes I know you hate pro-life.* Might be why you are enchanted by head hunters and others killers.* But no matter how much you don't want them to vote, you are in America now.** So they get that right.* Just as I don't want people like you to vote but you can.* Ain't America great?

Fuckboi again is aligning himself with 'the law' of the land to set up his point. He is sly in including his delusion conferring recruiting women for jobs on abortion providers. In other words like a respectable head hunter recruiting for say an Arms Manufacturer/Dealer which gives so much life to American society, [& the world] the clinic folks do the same. But here Fuckboi shows again his sly sense of humor equating it to black folks in Africa who as the Jewish Hollywood cliché are really head hunters with the idea that they take anyone different from their primitive tribe to use their head in their soup. So he is equating 'head' with 'fetus'. So if you love murdering babies by then you are going to hate the fact that not everyone works at a women's clinic. So what he does is take the issue of Roe vs. Wade which his buddies are undermining by every inch of every Think Tank they can steal money to support and apply it to a 'woman' arguing with him or more like embarrassing him. He's equated a woman 'responding' to him with murder. Here is it is in plain jungle English 'If you are a woman daring to question my authority I'll tell you what you are, a nigger loving whore who profits on getting more nigger lovers to kill innocent Jesus Christs'.

This picture appeared in an insurance ad.
    Advertising is an important transmitter of historical misrepresentation. It draws on colonial mythologies such as the notion that the Dutch "bought" Manhattan for the equivalent of $24 in trade goods --in spite of the fact that the Indians did not think of land as something that could be sold. The role of violence is completely obliterated. Even history books do not go into the massacres of Native people. On Staten Island settlers slaughtered the people they called "Wappingers," and afterward played football with their severed heads.

Lest you forget there is a certain tribe who owns and runs Hollywood, the stereotypes promulgated throughout American culture for over a century were designed by this tribe to react to the pogroms they suffereed through in Russia after their tribe murdered the Russian Aristocracy. Pogram Sufferer = White Settler - Evil Pogrom Perpetrators = Native American / Indians.
    Updated 12-16-2016 at 10:54 AM by Grillz
    Religion is Colonialism for Asssholes.
    There are but three legs to the rancid, chunky stool of uhMerkin greatnutz:

1: The genocidin' of the Native mudskins,

2: The perfectation of Macro Slavenomics

3: The exportatin' of bleeding-edge Petro-imperialism to weak and poor world-wide.

All sanctioned under Ghawwdz' Manifest Destiny.

American Patriotism sorta feels like giving your child-molesting uncle a sloppy wet kiss.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast